Broiled Italian Tomatoes
- 1 large beefsteak tomato (or 2 smaller tomatoes)
- 6–8 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Slice tomato horizontally into 4 large rounds. Arrange on a cookie sheet.
- Tear basil leaves and place over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesan over the tomatoes.
- Lightly drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Place on the top rack of the oven.
- Turn oven on to high broil, and, with the oven door cracked open, carefully watch the tomatoes to make sure the cheese doesn’t burn.
- Pull tomatoes out once the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||70 (30 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||7g (1g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
Baked Blueberry Donuts
New Zealand Breakfast Toast
Pisto Spanish Ratatouille