Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 6 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together pastry flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the vanilla, coconut oil, milk, and honey until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a large piece of plastic wrap, then form into a flat disc.
- Wrap the disk, then chill for 20 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Flour a clean counter space, then place the dough on it.
- Roll out the dough until it’s about ¼-inch thick, then cut small circles out.
- Place the circles on a greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with scrap dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes. (This allows the cookies to harden up a bit.)
- While cookies are cooling, make the cream filling.
- Blend together all the ingredients for the filling until smooth.
- Place about two teaspoons of the cookie filling on top of one of the chocolate cookies, then top with another cookie to create a sandwich.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies and filling.
- Keep in an airtight container. (I like to freeze mine!)
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||120 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||15g (1g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.