- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey bacon (or other breakfast meat of choice), chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup milk (1%)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the chopped potatoes in a small pot. Barely cover with water.
- Bring potatoes to a boil, then lower temperature and simmer for about 8 minutes until potatoes are tender but still holding their shape.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add turkey bacon, peppers and onions. Sauté 1-2 minutes. Add potatoes and heat until they start to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix eggs and egg whites and milk in a small bowl. Add in salt and pepper.
- Scramble eggs in a heated, nonstick skillet, being careful not to overcook. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Assemble each tortilla with potato mixture, eggs, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Roll up into a burrito and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Freeze for about 2 hours, remove from baking sheet, and place in a freezer bag to store.
- When ready to eat, simply wrap a burrito in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes or until the center is hot.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||350 (130 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||33g (4g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.