Guinness Beer Lamb Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups leeks, sliced
- ½ cup flour
- 1 (11-ounce) bottle Guinness beer
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, whole
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- In a large pot, heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the lamb to the pot and brown on all sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Brown the butter, then add the leeks and flour.
- Cook till brown—about 15 minutes
- Stir in the beer and beef stock.
- Add the lamb back to the pot.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer, then cover and continue to simmer for 1½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place parsnips, carrots, potatoes, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and the whole rosemary sprigs.
- Place parsnip mixture in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables, then discard the rosemary sprigs.
- Add the roasted vegetables and peas to the stew.
- Cook for ten minutes, then add the chopped rosemary.
- Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||330 (170 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||20g (3g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.