Healthier Mint Chocolate Cookies
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- Leaving out the mini dark chocolate chips, place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, making sure to scrape the sides.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then chill for 20 minutes.
- While the dough chills, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll the chilled dough into little balls, then flatten them. They should be about the size of a quarter.
- Place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet. (This helps make them crunchy!)
- Once cookies have cooled completely, melt the chocolate for the coating.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until completely melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, add the peppermint oil and stir.
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate, then place on a foil- or parchment-lined pan.
- Cool until the chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container.
*Pro tip: Enjoy these frozen for a cool treat!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||80 (25 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||12g (3g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.