- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup couscous
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup onion, diced
- ⅓ cup carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, add couscous, then cover.
- Cook for ten minutes, or until couscous has absorbed all the water.
- And juiced lemon and parsley to couscous.
- Stir, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and carrots for three minutes.
- Add the cumin, cardamom, coriander, garlic, ginger, and turmeric.
- Sauté for an additional three minutes.
- Stir the onion mixture into the couscous.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on the countertop.
- Put the chicken on the plastic wrap.
- Cover with another piece of plastic wrap, then pound chicken flat with a mallet.
- Repeat with other chicken breast.
- Cover each chicken breast with ½ of the couscous mixture, leaving a ¼-inch rim around the edges.
- Roll chicken breast from the long end, then place in a parchment-lined pan.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Slice the chicken with a serrated knife.
- Serve with your choice of veggies!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||460 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||58g (6g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.