iFit Now Works with Any Type of Fitness Equipment!
We are very excited to announce that the full iFit Library is available to everyone! Now, anyone can follow along with our iFit Trainers, whether you’re at home or on the go. For those that are stuck at home and don’t have access to iFit-compatible equipment, you can now work out with iFit!
Here are the types of workouts you have access to:
- Global Workouts: Shot on location in more than 40 countries and seven continents, iFit Global Workouts let you stream exciting workouts all over the world from the comfort of your own home!
- Studio Classes: These are ideal for those craving a high-energy, community-based workout! You can follow along with iFit Trainer-led group treadmill, bike, and rower classes. This is the perfect substitute if you’re used to a boutique fitness studio!
- Cross-training workouts: iFit’s cross-training workouts need only bodyweight or dumbbells (or makeshift hand weights, like water bottles or soup cans) to strengthen and tone. These challenging cardio workouts are all led and developed by our expert iFit Trainers.
- Yoga and recovery: Yoga and recovery classes are offered to balance rigorous workouts and are a great way to stretch and strengthen on recovery days.
For all of our current iFit members, you can now do the following:
- Access workouts on your mobile device while using any treadmill, elliptical, bike, or rower.
- Follow bodyweight, strength, and yoga workouts that require no equipment.
- Access the iFit Library while traveling.
- Cast your phone screen onto a larger display, like a T.V. (This option is available on Apple and Android products).
You may notice a few things that are different in the app, so here are some clarifications:
- This will take time to roll out to all of our users. You may not have access right now, but you will shortly!
- It’s only available on mobile right now. The tablet app is coming very soon!
- The app name will change from iFit Smart Cardio to “iFit—At Home Fitness Plans” on iOS and “iFit—Workouts at Home” on Android.
- The updated Library experience with filtering and sorting is not currently available on mobile, but will be added soon to better improve workout discovery.
- Leaderboard is not currently available, but will be soon!
If you have connected equipment, we recommend pairing for the best experience. However, we felt it was essential to make iFit workouts accessible to all members, regardless of the equipment they own or have access to.
We look forward to bringing iFit workouts to the masses. Regardless of their equipment type, iFit workouts can now take anyone’s exercise experience to an entirely new level.
Mark Watterson, Director of iFit