Pesto Tomato Arugula Panini
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Pesto
- 2 slices high-fiber, whole wheat bread
- 1-ounce slice Havarti cheese
- ¾ cup arugula
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups basil, loosely packed
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 large garlic clove
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- For the Pesto, blend basil, pine nuts, garlic, cheese, and salt. Slowly pour in olive oil while blending until everything is well incorporated and smooth.
- On one slice of bread, spread homemade pesto.
- Top with cheese, arugula, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- Top with the other slice of bread and place on a heated panini grill.
- Heat until cheese melts.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||430 (220 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||37g (5g dietary fiber, 7g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.