Protein Breakfast Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce low-sodium smoked ham or bacon, chopped (optional)
- ¼ large red pepper, diced
- 2 cups baby kale
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 egg (cooked to your liking)
- 1 ounce feta cheese (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add ham, pepper, and kale. Cook the mixture until the kale begins to wilt.
- Stir in the quinoa and cook until it is heated thoroughly. Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Transfer to a plate and top with the egg, feta cheese, salt, and pepper.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||430 (260 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||19g (4g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.