Rustic Irish Potato and Cabbage Soup
- 1 large, white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups (about 1 head) green cabbage, cored and chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onions for 3–4 minutes in olive oil. Add in the minced garlic and cabbage. Stir and cover for ten minutes, or until cabbage softens.
- Once cabbage is softened, add the carrots, potatoes, browned beef, chicken broth, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for about twenty minutes or until potatoes and carrots are cooked. Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||220 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||23g (4g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
Baked Blueberry Donuts
New Zealand Breakfast Toast
Pisto Spanish Ratatouille