- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole wheat burger buns
- ¼ cup cucumber, minced
- ½ cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a pan with aluminum foil and cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a food processor, place the salmon, mustard, capers, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Blend until a paste forms, then scrape the sides to make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Add the onion, then pulse until it is corsley mixed in.
- Place the mixture in a medium bowl, then stir in the bread crumbs.
- Form into 6 equally sized patties.
- Add the oil to a pan. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the salmon burgers are baking, make the tzatziki sauce.
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. For best results, set aside for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- To assemble burgers, place the salmon on top of the bun, then top with tzatziki sauce.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||390 (110 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||39g (5g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
Three Simple Eating Habits
Fall Is in the Air Slow Cooker Recipes
Baked Blueberry Donuts