Stuffed and Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds and loose fiber.
- Take a knife and criss cross the flesh of the squash about 1 centimeter deep.
- Brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet, then bake in oven for 35 minutes.
- Place 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet with medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Cook until onions are transparent—about 5 minutes.
- Add kale and breadcrumbs, then cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until kale is wilted.
- Remove from heat, then stir in balsamic vinegar, feta, and pine nuts.
- Remove the squash from the oven and fill the cavity with the kale mixture.
- Return back to the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||340 (150 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||46g (8g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.