Surprise Cornbread Muffins
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 12 pieces bacon, cooked
- ¼ cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole grain cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan.
- Place all ingredients for the cornbread in a large bowl and stir until well blended. (Don’t overmix.)
- Pour batter into each muffin cup until each is about ¼ full.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each hard-boiled egg.
- Place one in each muffin cup.
- Cover the top of the egg and bacon with more cornbread batter.
- Repeat with the remaining muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over each muffin.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||250 (90 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||25g (1g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
Three Simple Eating Habits
Fall Is in the Air Slow Cooker Recipes
Baked Blueberry Donuts