- 2 cups whole wheat flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine 1½ cups flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until almost smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, slowly mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until combined.
- Spray a griddle or a skillet with cooking spray. Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Place the remaining ½ cup of whole wheat flour in a small bowl. Measure out ¼ cup pancake batter and use spoons to form into a ball. Roll into flour.
- With floured hands, flatten the dough ball with your palm, then place on the griddle. Repeat until all the batter is gone. It should make about 12 pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown—about 7 minutes per side.
- Syrnriki is typically topped with sour cream or yogurt. Other options include fresh fruit, honey, or jam. Enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||120 (5 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||21g (2g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
Three Simple Eating Habits
Fall Is in the Air Slow Cooker Recipes
Baked Blueberry Donuts