This Position (Remote or On-Site)
We are looking for full-stack developers who are interested in using cutting edge web technologies. The core of our web application is built on NodeJS and MongoDB.
You will be helping to improve and maintain a data-driven fitness platform that connects millions of devices and consumers.
Skills & Requirements
- - You prioritize quality and maintainability.
- - You love Open Source.
- - You consider yourself a full stack developer.
- - You are comfortable with *nix command line tools and processes.
Experience with the following would be considered a plus.
- - NodeJS
- - MongoDB
- - Redis
- - Git
- - React
- - SASS
iFit provides a unified platform to aggregate data from workout equipment, mobile apps, wearables, and more. We use this platform to provide people with the data they need to achieve their fitness goals.
At iFit we utilize continuous deployment, code reviews, and automated testing. The Web Application team is remote, and we have built this infrastructure to support remote developers well.
We routinely reassess our processes, not beholden to a specific process methodology, but currently implement an agile inspired workflow.
- - GitHub for collaboration (every pull is code reviewed by another member of the team)
- - Slack for primary communication, with a mix of hangouts for face to face.
- - ZenHub as an agile methodology tool
- - Autonomy and opportunity to pursue efforts we find important
- - Automated testing is a priority as we expand our level of coverage
- - Multiple deploys per day done with a single command
- - Consistently refactoring our code and database design
- - Health, Vision, Dental, and matching 401k benefits
- - Macbook Pro and external monitor
- - Free cell phone of your choice
- - Free piece of fitness equipment of your choice
- - Monthly education stipend
- - Quarterly team meetups