Low Calorie Eggnog
- 3 cups 1% milk, divided
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- Freshly-grated nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2½ cups milk.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise, then scrape out the seeds. Add both the seeds and the pod to the milk.
- Simmer over medium heat.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and rum extract in a medium bowl.
- Temper the egg mixture by gradually pouring the hot milk into it and whisk constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until it begins to thicken—about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then add the remaining ½ cup of milk.
- Remove the vanilla pod.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Top with nutmeg just before serving.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||110 (20 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||16g (0g dietary fiber, 15g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
Baked Blueberry Donuts
New Zealand Breakfast Toast
Pisto Spanish Ratatouille