Southern Utah Desert Burger
1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 7.76 oz of chipotle sauce (make sure to buy sauce, not chipotles in adobo sauce)
- 2 Anaheim chili peppers
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 1 avocado
- Romaine lettuce
For the burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- While your grill is preheating, make your chipotle sauce. In a small bowl combine the Greek Yogurt and the chipotle sauce. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Next, take the peppers and cut in half coring and deseeding it. Set aside for now.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients for the burger. Using your hands mix well and form into 4 equal burgers.
- Place the peppers on the grill and cook each side for about 5 minutes or until the pepper is lightly charred.
- While the peppers are cooking place the burgers on the grill and cook for 5–8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Top each burger with a slice of pepper jack cheese and cook until melted.
- If desired you can also toast the hamburger buns on the grill for about 2 minutes.
- To assemble burgers, top a bun with the burger and cheese, ½ of a pepper, ¼ of an avocado, spread 2 tablespoons of chipotle sauce on other bun, top the burger with it, and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||390 (150 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||31g (7g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.