- ½ pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 large eggs
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large, 12-inch cast iron skillet, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and set aside, but leave the rendered bacon fat.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and cook over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Stir and cook the sweet potatoes until they’re soft. This can take several minutes.
- Stir in bacon, then remove pan from heat.
- Make 4 wells in the sweet potatoes and bacon.
- Break one egg into each well.
- Place the skillet back in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the yolk is still runny. (If you’re camping, bake time may be longer. Be sure to keep it covered for best results.)
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||400 (200 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||35g (5g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.