- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup blueberries, pureed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place the warmed milk and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Mix in butter, applesauce, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour..
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and blend until a dough forms. Fold in blueberries and let rest while oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place dough in a greased donut pan. It should make 12 donuts.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes, or until donuts are formed and cooked through (a toothpick should come out clean).
- Cool for 2 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- While cooling, mix together the glaze in a shallow dish.
- Once fully cooled, dip the top half of the donuts in the glaze.
- Let glaze harden before serving. If you want them sweeter with more glaze, dip them multiple times, allowing them to set up slightly in between each dip.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||230 (50 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||43g (3g dietary fiber, 23g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.