- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large, white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 7 cups (56 ounces) unsalted, diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onions and spices and sauté until onions start to turn translucent.
- Add tomato paste and tomatoes and stir until well combined.
- Add in stock and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Pour half of the soup into the blender and puree until smooth. If you want a completely smooth soup, repeat with the other half.
- Add back into the pot and heat on low. Stir in Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese and heat until melted and smooth. Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||180 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||23g (4g dietary fiber, 13g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.