Herbed Infused Turkey Cannon
- 1 (12–14-pound) turkey, at room temperature
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ onion, sliced into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ cup of various fresh herbs
- 1 cup white grape juice
- Remove all oven racks, except one. Place that rack on the lowest position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the neck and giblets, then rinse the turkey with cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, sage, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Use a butter knife to help separate the skin from the breast. Be careful not to tear the skin. Rub the butter under the skin and around the cavity.
- Fill the Camp Chef Turkey Cannon Infusion Roaster with onions, garlic cloves, fresh herbs, and grape juice. The Infusion Cannon adds flavor to the turkey and cuts cooking time in half by steaming the turkey, as well.
- Slide the cannon into the cavity of the turkey, then tie the the legs around the cannon. Tuck the wings behind the turkey legs.
- Sprinkle the top of the turkey with smoked paprika.
- Set the turkey and the Cannon in the roasting pan, then cover loosely with tin foil. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Uncover, then cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Let rest before carving.
* Nutrition analysis is done based on 4 ounces skinless turkey breast.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||190 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||3g (0g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
Baked Blueberry Donuts
New Zealand Breakfast Toast
Pisto Spanish Ratatouille