Keto Shrimp Fajita Salad
- 4 avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 ounces shrimp, tails removed
- ½ tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 serving of Keto Guacamole
- Begin by making the Keto Guacamole.
- Place the avocados and roasted garlic cloves in a medium-sized bowl.
- Use a fork to mash them together.
- Add in the olive oil, avocado oil, onion powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- Set aside.
- Next, prepare the salad.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and onion.
- Once tender and aromatic, add the shrimp.
- Cook for an additional 2–3 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Remove from heat, then stir in the fajita seasoning, making sure the coat the shrimp well.
- To assemble the salad, top the romaine with the guacamole, shrimp, peppers, and onions.
*To roast the garlic, slice the top off of a head of garlic, then place it in a large piece of tin foil. Wrap the bottom and sides, leaving the top open. Drizzle the olive oil over the top, then wrap the exposed portion with the remaining tin foil. Place in an oven or toaster oven at 400°F for 30–35 minutes. Once cooled, the garlic will be soft, like butter, and easily squeeze out of the tough shells.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||720 (570 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||30g (14g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.