Pumpkin Apple Chowder
- 3 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup leeks, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon powdered garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized pot, sauté all the vegetables and the apple in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir till well combined.
- Continue to simmer for an additional 5–7 minutes, or until bubbles form on the edges.
- Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||270 (90 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||38g (5g dietary fiber, 24g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.