Pumpkin Quinoa Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, cubed
- 1 14 ounce can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup dry quinoa
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pot and cook onion and jalapenos and salt until the onions and jalapenos are soft about 7 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, cubed squash and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and spices mix well. If you want extra heat add more red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and quinoa. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 25 minutes until the quinoa is cooked and the squash is tender.
- Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||320 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||52g (15g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.