Shake Your Workout Up
It’s important to change your workouts up so your body constantly feels challenged. At first, you may notice great results by doing the same workout routine day in and day out, but eventually it will lead to a dead end in your progress. After so much repetition of doing the same thing, your body will become too familiar with your exercise routine and you’ll stop seeing results, which can lead to you losing motivation.
In order to train different muscles, it requires doing different workouts. By doing so, you can trick your body into feeling like each workout is new and different. This will prevent your body from getting lazy or feeling like anything is too easy. If you confuse your muscles, they’re forced to work harder.
Here are 10 tips to help shake your workout up:
1. Add high intensity intervals to your cardio.
2. Try something new you’ve never done before.
3. Take your workout outside.
4. Switch machines. For example, use the treadmill one day and then use the bike the next.
5. Try out a workout class.
6. Pick up a sport. Give tennis, swimming, or kickboxing a try. (You can pick any sport you have an interest in.)
7. Alternate what muscle groups you work out. For example, if you do legs one day then do arms the next.
8. Change the weight, time, and reps of your strength workouts.
9. Set a goal so you’re always working towards something.
10. Get creative on your own, or work out a plan with a personal trainer.
If you’re getting bored or not seeing the results you want, add some variety to your workout and incorporate any of the above tips to switch up your average routine!
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.
You may also like
iFit Community: Grand Canyon Challenge
Friends & Fitness: 5 Tips to Keep You...
10 Ways to Stay Active During Summer