2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
1 white onion, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (12-ounce) can corn
2 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
1 (8-ounce) can chipotle sauce (not chipotle in adobo sauce)
2 large tomatoes, diced
2 cups quinoa, cooked
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Avocado, for topping
Cilantro, for topping
- In a large pot, heat avocado oil and sauté onions and garlic. Cook until onions becomes translucent.
- Add beans, corn, vegetable broth, chipotle sauce, tomatoes, and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until tomatoes get tender.
- Add quinoa and lime juice, then continue to heat another 5 minutes.
- Top with avocado and cilantro. Sprinkle of additional salt if desired. Serve warm.
*Nutrition analysis done without toppings.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||440 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||74g (18g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.